Sunday, June 13, 2010

Let's review a movie: Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs

My first thoughts on this movie were rather skeptical. I really had no desire to watch it, but Mom wanted to. So I turned on the Wii and popped in the Netflix disc. I found the movie and started the presentation.

The movie had me in the first 5 minutes. There are a lot of off the wall jokes and comments. It's really sweet but not too mushy. The main character, Flint, is a huge nerd with a passion to invent useful things to help people. He's got good ideas but they never really work out for him. The whole idea that there is some small island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean that is known only for sardines is rather odd, but it works. One day, Flint invents his machine that turns water into food, and with a series of events, he loses control of the machine and it flies up into the atmosphere. Through the course of the movie you see how Flint goes from being the nerdy, hated misfit to the loved savior of the island. Again, through a course of events, everything backfires and Flint must now save the day. In the end, he learns that his father loves him, he should just be himself and of course, he gets the girl.

Don't get me wrong, the movie is wonderful, and I don't wanna give away to much, but Mom and I did laugh a few times. I'm not a monkey fan, but the character Steve is rather hilarious. If you have the chance, rent this movie and enjoy a nice hour and half of laughs, puns and good 'ol family fun.

Enjoy your day, and remember to smile!

-Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment